Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pinewood Derby

We recently had our Pinewood Derby and since I'm the Cubmaster I got to be in charge. I've been to a few pinewood derbies so I kind of knew what I was doing. The biggest problem was finding a method for setting up the races and keeping track of who won. Luckily, Doug was able to find a free program on the internet. I'm not sure why the BSA dont' have some type of inexpensive software available. There were so many different ways to run a pinewood derby and it was a little overwhelming trying to pick the best for our pack. We have 19 boys and we wanted each of them to be able to race several times. I didn't get a lot of pictures, in fact I didn't even get any of Aiden and Will with their cars. Quinn and Aiden wanted their cars to be wedge shaped. They actually ties the first 2 times they raced. Will's car was pretty cool. It was kind of spikey. The boys actually did really well this year. Quinn came in 1st, Aiden was 4th, and Will was 6th.


The "Parking Lot" for the cars.

The trophies. The one with the star is the "Best in Show" trophy.
1st place!


1 comment:

JNew said...

Did you make the trophies? Love them! And the parking lot is cool too. We only have 5 boys in our pack - one of the downsides of a small town :(